Thursday, July 21, 2005

How it began.

Times were tight that spring (2001). I just finished my freshman year of College; I had just kicked out my useless and troublesome roommate. I was also broke. As a college student, you receive all your scholarships and bursary money at the beginning of the year, and desperately try to budget the money so it may last for the 8 months of school. Naturally you piss a good chunk of the dough away at the bars, and then become a cheap skate to stretch every penny you have. This lowers you to stealing ketchup, straws, napkin dispensers and toilet paper from every fast food joint you can think of. I was no different.

I maxed out my credit cards and had creditors calling me every day. I needed a job. I needed a job desperately. As a former employee of the food industry, there was no fucking way I would be a burger slinger at McDonalds. I wanted something else, something better, and something exotic.

WANTED: Doormen to work at gentleman's club. Must be 19 years of age and possess previous doorman experience. Please call 555-5555 for more information.

Gentleman’s' club? I knew from the phone number that this “gentleman’s' club “ was the local sin bin. The one I had graced a few times previous as all college males do. Working at a strip club? What more could at 21-year-old guy want? The thought of being surrounded by beautiful woman was too good to pass up. I called the number and talked to the manager. He said they needed one guy to start next week and they were having a "try out" session in two days. The manager invited me to show up at 8pm (in two days)"to learn the ropes". I told him I would be there.

Fuck yeah, an interview. I was on cloud nine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home