Monday, September 19, 2005

An Interview with Andrea

Friday night was my cousin’s birthday and to celebrate, we men went for dinner, then to the local sin bin for some local entertainment. After our third pitcher, I got thinking “shit, I haven’t updated my blog in over a week and I’m probably loosing readers every day” I needed something to write about. In my half buzzed stage, I realized that I was in a Strip Club and there was loads of material to be found.

By the fourth pitcher of beer, I made up my mind that I was going to spent $20 on the dancer I had been eying up all night. After the girl was finally free, I walked over to her and said, “Hi, I’m a writer and I want to spend $20 dollars on you, but I don’t want a dance. Can I buy you a drink?” The girl looked at me a little funny and she agreed to my proposal “I’ll have a white wine and 7up”. I went to the bar and ordered the drink. I returned and handed her the cocktail. “Okay, I write an online blog talking about the adult entertainment industry and my experiences as a strip club bouncer, and I just wanted to ask you a few questions pertaining to your profession and this club” The girl looked relieved and slash a friendly smile. The interview began.

I found out that the dancer’s stage name was Andrea, but her real name was Amy. She was 5’9 and 120lbs. Andrea was a local girl and had been working in this particular club for several months. Andrea notified me that this club had been the best club she had ever worked for. She had done her time in clubs in Montreal, Hull, Ottawa and Quebec City. I inquired about her earnings per night…. “Oh, I make about 200-800 hundred per night. It’s mostly 200-500 hundred, just one night last year I made $800 and that was nice” I inquired on how her night was going so far and she replied “It’s really slow, I’ve made maybe $100 and spent around $30 on drinks, so I don’t think I’ll make that much tonight”. The conversation progress to me complimenting her on her cute glasses, and asking her favorite style of music “I like to dance to stuff that’s energetic. I love 80’s tunes and old school hair metal”. I asked her feelings about her fellow co-workers and she said she didn’t mind most of the other girls. “Some can be really bitchy though, so I try to keep my distance” My final question was if she preferred thongs or the generic cotton panty and she laughed “I used to hate thongs, but I wear one for work all the time, so I got used to them” She flipped her skirt up in a playful manner to show off her purple thong “But when I’m at home, it’s always cotton”

I thanked Andrea for her time and flipped her my remaining $15. She smiled, called me a sweetie and kissed me on the cheek like I was some little boy handing her a daisy.

I returned to my table and polished off another pitcher with the guys.

8 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Wadd said...

She sounded pretty conservative. Next time for comparison pick the trashiest, highest chick in the club and repeat the process.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Tavis Xavier said...

Yeah if I could flag one of them down. They were in the champagne/VIP room all night.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back, I was beginning to think you'd given up. I'm enjoying this blog, it'd be a daily read if you'd update more :-D

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone else noticed that when you read one of Travis' blog entries then switch to the comments, you get the crazy effect of lines on the page from switching black to white? No? Ok, maybe I'm just high.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"we men went to dinner"

Next time we hang out, let's punch each other in the crotch and see who falls on the floor first.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Tavis Xavier said...

But you are one of the guys Deb.

12:58 AM  
Blogger mango said...

Since when is white wine and 7up a 'cocktail'?

I can't believe anyone even drinks that stuff!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool post

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home