Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm Poor

I think back on my financial situation when I was bouncing and it almost mirrors myself today. I had a job that made good money on paper, but when it came to all my expenses, I was a poor vagabond at the end of the night. It’s funny how things work out.

“All right Tavis, your tip out is $110” I would take my money and slap a $20 down on the bar to cover the last round for all the crew. I would hop in my car and put $20 worth of gas into my gas tank. A slurpy and pack of cigarettes would be purchased as well. Another $10 down the drain. I would get home at 4am, watch TV until 5:30am, and then hit the sack.

When I awoke the next day, I would take Lindsay out for lunch $45, then to an early movie $15. After ice cream (all the ladies love ice cream) I would be back to square one. It’s funny how money just goes when you’re having fun.

I guess it didn’t help when I kicked my roommate out and had to spring some serious dough for a new transmission for my lame car. As I recall, the whole summer pretty much went like that. After drinking and various girlfriends, I was dead broke. I was behind on my rent, my cable was switched off and I could hardly afford to feed myself. Yet, there was plenty of money for beer, woman, and all those other luxuries.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh, blog spam!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not enough stripper comments.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home