Monday, November 07, 2005

Road Trip: Getting Started

It was Friday night and I met up with a few of my buddies at a local house party. We were sitting around, shooting the shit and drinking to our hearts’ content. Out of the blue, Trevor asks me “You want to go see Tool on Sunday?” Eagerly I replied that I did and Trevor told me the tale of how he snagged 4 tickets but one of his friends had dropped out at the last minute. “Fuck dude, you mean we leave tomorrow morning? In like, 7 hours?” Trevor just smiled. “Yeah dude, just crash at my place and we'll set off”

The road trip was set, and I would be off to see Tool at Molson Park in Barrie. The only problem was that I had to twist a few arms to get Friday night off, how the fuck was I to obtain Saturday and Sunday as well? I did the only natural thing that came to mind.

“JP, it’s Tavis. I’m in Barrie, my tranny is shot and I don’t think I’ll be making it out of Barrie for a few days, looks like you will have to fill me shift. Sorry Dude”

I figured it was a good enough excuse. Everyone knew my car was a little unreliable at best. I guess at my current state, I didn’t really care if the boss believed me or not. I was leaving town to venture forth on a road trip. The night winded down and after the second visit by the cops for noise complaints, we headed to Trevor’s wilth a crew of 10 people. During our journey, we lost 3 or 4 followers. At Trevor’s, a new home base was erected and we drank until the early hours of the morning. During this stretch of time, 15 people showed up, a window was broken and a couch went missing, A small price to pay for a night of merry cheer.

I was awoken by some big native guy who I had never seen before. It turns out that I was sleeping on this guy's jacket, and he wanted his smokes. “Alright chief, no problem” I got up, every muscle in my body ached, my head was pounding. It was 11:30am, a full three and a half hours after we were to leave. I woke Trevor, and he was still piss drunk. So much for our driver.

Samitch showed up a good hour later with some weed. Jeff showed up a short time after that. The crew was assembled, and our driver was intoxicated. I guess nobody really knew when we were leaving in the first place.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://dqmwesum.com/qifb/uolr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ggjbjxwp.com/rdrj/luzw.html]Cool site[/url]

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://dqmwesum.com/qifb/uolr.html | http://jcxcjhmb.com/nxkk/nekk.html

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home